This month the crew at #WinePW (That’s Wine Pairing Weekend) is taking you back to school with a little Wine Education.
Each of our writers will pick a subject on wine and put together a fun educational piece to expand your wine knowledge!
It might be on an agricultural method or winemaking method. Maybe about a region or a grape! Perhaps it is about pairing food and wine or choosing the right wineglass! It could be on decanting or sustainability…
As you can see there are a plethora of potential topics!
Of course, we are “Wine Pairing Weekend” so tie it in with a food and wine pairing to share!
Do you think you might want to join us? Do you have some wine education to throw down?
Here’s how you can join in.
- You can send me an email at Robin@42aspens.com, or reply to our Facebook Group if you are a member. (If you are not a member, and want to join, email me!)
- The title for your post is due on Tuesday, September 6th. Add this in the thread in the Facebook Event.
- Watch the Facebook event for the links to the other posts to include in your article.
- I’ll also post the questions for our Twitter chat there.
- Sometime between Friday, September 9th and 8 am Pacific Time Saturday, September 10th, post your article. Make sure to include #WinePW in your title.
- Saturday, September 10th, join us on Twitter at 8 am Pacific Time (11 am Eastern). Join the conversation and answer the questions using the hashtag #WinePW.
- Then read and comment on the other writers’ posts and share on social media!
- Make sure to come back and include the final HTML to your post, when everyone’s links are live.
- * You are welcome to tie in a winery and use samples for your piece, just be sure to disclose that!
Here are the articles the #WinePW writers have in store for you!
- Camilla Mann of Culinary Adventures with Cam shares “Vite ad Alberello, Carricante, Caciocavallo, and Fiori di Zucca al Forno”
- Andrea Lemieux of The Quirky Cork shares “Liatiko and Çalkarası: One Grape, Two Nations”
- David Crowley of Cooking Chat Wine shares “Classic Wine Pairings and What They Teach Us”
- Wendy Klik of A Day in the Life on the Farm shares “Red Wine with Fish? Let’s take a look….”
- Terri of Our Good Life shares”Books and Wine: Pairings You Might Not Have Considered“
- Lori of Exploring the Wine Glass shares “Back to Basics: A Cabernet Franc Primer“
- Gwendolyn Alley of Wine Predator shares “Wine 101: Santa Barbara AVAs from Sta Rita Hills to Ballard Canyon and beyond“
- Robin on Crushed Grape Chronicles is sharing “LODI RULES – Sustainability in Washington through the lens of Dineen Vineyards“
Robin Renken is a wine writer and Certified Specialist of Wine and WSET 3 Certified. She and her husband Michael travel to wine regions interviewing vineyard owners and winemakers and learning the stories behind the glass.
When not traveling they indulge in cooking and pairing wines with food at home in Las Vegas.